Tuesday 10 March 2009

Frogs and blossom




As I noted I missed when the frogs started spawning in our garden pond, but on Sunday I checked their activity again and found that a considerable amount of spawn and quite a few frogs - though it was too cold to hang around trying to count. My experience of the frogs in our garden is that they are quite shy. Whilst from a distance I can see a lot of turbulence as they are active this time of year in the pond - as soon as I draw near they tend to dive under the water. So I persisted a bit to get the photo which I liked as it looks as though the two frogs are about to hug......anthropomorphic or what.


The other event - or rather annother event in the garden is the apricot blossom. The tree is in the greenhouse and usually the blossom comes in February, but this year with the very cold winter it is later. And also perhaps because I delibrately left the greenhouse open in the icy patches in an attempt to kill off overwintering pests. So I hope there are some bees around to pollinate it and to ensure some lovely apricots later in the year

No comments:

Post a Comment